We are currently recruiting a Large Projects General Foreman with experience of civil engineering projects up to £15 million to work in the Southern Counties of England from the M4 to Surrey/West Sussex and Hampshire.
Purpose of Job:
To control all operations on-site to ensure they are carried out efficiently, safely, and to the required standards.
- Understand the method statements and risk assessments produced and issued for the works.
- Be able to ensure that the workforce understand and adhere to the method statements and risk assessments issued.
- Assist the Agent/Project Manager to manage the efficient mobilisation of resources to site and set up site compound in accordance with company procedures and CDM2015.
- Read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Assist the Agent/Project Manager to carry out site inductions and toolbox talks for all operatives highlighting company and site rules and site specific safety hazards, including checking operative’s safety certificates.
- Enforce Company policy on PPE with all operatives, sub-contractors and visitors
- Assist the Agent/Project Manager to liaise with statutory utility companies regarding diversion and location of existing mains and/or installation of new mains.
- Assist in managing the safety, quality and environmental issues on site in accordance with CDM2015, current legislation, regulations, Codes of Practise and company policies.
- Interpretation and implementation of Company Management systems – ISO 9001 Quality Management System; ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management System,
- Help identify the need for up-dated risk assessments and method statements as works progress.
- Control plant, labour,and materials usage to avoid cost overruns and wastage.
- Manage key time/cost/quality/safety risks to successful delivery of project.
- Assist the Agent/Project Manager to maintain as-built records to enable programme to be up-dated.
- Liaise with clients representatives/consultants on site in a professional manner.
- Manage plant and materials deliveries to ensure the smooth running of the works.
- Responsible for the securing offices, containers and site boundary at the end of every shift.
- Monitor subcontractor’s quality/programme/safety performance on a regular basis and advise the Agent/Project Manager of any non-compliance.
- Manage workmanship/quality of work by direct labour and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification.
- Advise the Agent/Project Manager of changes requiring RFI’s and CVI’s.
- Actively engage in the snagging/handover process to ensure no defects at completion.
- Maintain photographic/contemporary records of progress/delays/unusual occurrences.
- Record any delay and/or disruption to the works and inform Agent/Project Manager/QS on a regular basis.
- Report any accidents/near misses/service strikes to H&S department.
- Assist the Agent/Project Manager in dealing with disciplinary/performance issues via verbal warnings only. Serious breaches to be notified to Contract Manager.
- Ensure that the site is working its stipulated hours in accordance with Company policy.
- Monitor operatives’ performance and time keeping.
- Ensure that the plant on site is fully utilised and is in good working order
- Represent the business core values at all times
CSCS Gold Card Holder
NVQ Level 3
Lift Supervisor – Excavator Only
Temporary Works Supervisor
IOSH Management if Buried Services
Confined Spaces Training
5 day First Aid
Able to produce daily records via diary/allocation sheets
Able to read/understand drawings and specifications
Able to understand tender plant/labour allocations and outputs.