On a Civil Engineering Technician apprenticeship you’ll learn all the skills you need to liaise between the engineers, management and operatives on a construction site, such as setting out, quality control and checking and reporting on progress. The course also covers:
- Safe working practices
- Managing excavation, plant and piling
- Laying domestic and large diameter drainage
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Mathematics for civil engineers
- Carrying out pre-pour inspection and testing of concrete
- Planning and design process and environmental considerations.
You will be aiming for a supervisory or management role in civil engineering or construction.
Four GCSEs at grades A*-C or equivalent (must include maths, a science subject and English).
You’ll also need to complete a Skills Learning exercise and maths test.
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Year 1 17 Weeks at College (or day release) plus onsite training.
- Year 2 16 Weeks at College (or day release) plus onsite training.
- Year 3 All employer based work experience with assessment.
On completion of the Civil Engineering Technician apprenticeship, you’ll have these qualifications/certification:
- Level 3 Construction Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations
- Level 2 Functional Skills (maths and English)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
You will initially be paid £6.15/hour but this will be reviewed as you progress.
For more information please contact David Ling – d.ling@breheny,co,uk